Basics humidity measurement and calibration
Rotting food, fungus on paintings, consense in green houses... There are dozens of situations where humidity of air is very important. This course helps you to measure and understand humidity.
- eliminate the misunderstandings on measurement units to express humidity of air: relative humidity (RH /%rh), absolute humidity (χ /g·m-3), dewpoint (tdew /°C), wet/dry-bulb temperatures (twet,tdry /°C) ......
- psychrometer diagrams, background and insight information (for those interested a few formula's..
- measurement systems for humidity, emphasis on capacitive sensors, dew point meters and resistive sensors
- the environment influencing the measurement
- the measurement influencing the environment
- short introduction to uncertainty issues in humidity measurement
- several systems for controlling and calibrating humidity meters
The course starts with an e-learning module that you can use yourself prior to the course day. The second module is the course day, we give you a day program in which you actively participate in examples to be worked out. The third module is the test in which you search for the correct answers to the questions asked on the basis of the course book.
This course is for
those working with humidity meters
After this course you
- know the limitations of humidity meters
- know how to cost-effectively measure humidity without consessions to your requirements
- this course takes you one day
- costs are €875,- including lunch, course documentation, excl. VAT
- We advise you to purchase the IMECO Guide to the measurement of humidity
- teacher is dhr M.J. De Groot
When & where
- Ask us for the next opportunity