Calibration of Non-automatic-weighing-instruments (NAWI)
In this course you will learn everything about calibration of weighing instruments and analytical balances according to a recent technical guideline for the calibration of weighing instruments, which has been drawn up by the European Association of National Metrology Institutes.
In one day you will learn about common mistakes when weighing substances and calibrating weighing instruments. You will gain a better understanding of what influences the weighing and calibration of a weighing instrument.
- Use of reference mass pieces
- Weighing up substances and materials
- Estemating the influence of environmental conditions
- Calculating the uncertainty
- Calibrating weighing equipment and the use of graduating technology
- The preparation of calibration certificates
The course starts with an e-learning module that you can use yourself prior to the course day. The second module is the course day, we give you a day program in which you actively participate in examples to be worked out. The third module is the test in which you search for the correct answers to the questions asked on the basis of the course book.
This course is for
- Technical staff from analytical laboratories
- Laboratories and users of weighing equipment
- Calibration staff
- Employees of companies where weighing equipment is calibrated and maintained
After this course
- You can perform a weighting in an adequate manner
- You can independently check and calibrate weighing instruments
- You can estimate the influence of environmental conditions
- You can perform a simple uncertainty calculation
- You can understand and prepare a calibration certificateTechnische medewerkers van analytische laboratoria
- The course takes 1 day of contact education, an e-learning program in advance of approximately 1 hour and a test of approximately 2 hours.
- Costs €725,- for lunch and coffee / tea are provided, excluding VAT
- You will receive either a diploma with a list of marks after sufficient completion of the test or a declaration of participation
- The course is given based on the EURAMET Calibration Guideline No. 18, guidelines for Calibration of Non-Automatic Weighing Instruments, TC-M, Version 4.0, 11/2015
- Teacher is Mr. J. C.G.A. Verbeek