Basics of measurement, metrology, traceability and uncertainty
This course offers help to those planning to set up a thorough measurement or calibration system in your company, regardless of what you are going to measure or calibrate. This is also the ideal course for new colleagues not yet familiar with traceability or measurement requirements of ISO/IEC 17025, such as uncertainty. An important part of ISO/IEC 17025 is measurement uncertainty. Moreover one of the most important principles of measurement is that an uncertainty is to be calculated by those who do the measurements. This course exist of three modules and is set up as a blended-learning-course.
Module 1 is the first thing you need to independently complete before coming to the course.
Module 2 is a one day course in the classroom environment.
Module 3 is a test that you must do within a set time. You may have multiple attempts.
- Accreditation systems and Conformity Assessment Bodies (RvA, UKAS, INAB, ..)
- Units and Quantities
- International and national traceability
- Measurement standards and paper standards
- certificates, caliration, validation, verification, audit, certification, interlaboratory comparisons / peer vieuw
- ISO/IEC 17025:2017 versus ISO 9001:2008
- Accredited or ISO 9001 certified, what is the difference?
- Uncertainty versus Error
- Rounding of numbers
- Uncertainty contributions in practice
- The use of a certificate and measurement specifications for an uncertainty evaluation
- examples and exercises of measurement problems in practice
- All based on EA 4/02 and the GUM
This course is for
- Starting instrument engineers and calibration technicians in a test or calibration department
- All those involved in measurement who need to prove tracebility for ISO 9001, EN 15189, ISO 16949, HACCP, GLP, GMP...
After this course
- You can decide on the future of the measurement quality in your company / laboratory / institute
- You are fammiliar with cost efficienty on the required calibrations of your equipment
- You can use specifications and certificates
- You will know how to verify the uncertainty of a measurement or estimate it competently
- You can be further qualified in metrology by atttending our other courses such as measurement uncertainty
- this course takes you a half day e-learning on for hand; one course day with an experienced teacher and half a day for the test
- costs: aks for the current prise.
- teacher is dhr M.J. De Groot (NL); Dave Ayres (UK)
When & where
- Ask us for the next opportunity