Basics of temperature and thermometer calibration
Temperature measurement and calibration often go wrong. You will be introduced to common errors in temperature measurement and calibration. You will get a better insight into what makes a thermometer so special. This course is one of our courses that you partly follow through e-learning.
- what is temperature?
- temperature scales
- resistance thermometers and thermocouples
- measure and calibrate
- insertion depth and handle guide
- uncertainty (no substantive treatment)
- certificates, measurement reports
-You start with an e-learning module prior to the course day. You work through the self-study topics in a few hours and provide some answers to questions.
- The second module is the course day.
- The third module is a test in which you use the course book to find the correct answers to the questions asked. At the end of the test, which you can take several times, you will receive the diploma with the report if your score is more than 70%. If the test fails, you will receive a statement of participation with the score.
This course is for:
- anyone who wants or needs to properly measure temperature (HACCP, ISO9000, Regelgeving RIVM, GLP, GMP, FDA ect.).
After this course
- You have a good insight into the many pitfalls that are inherent to temperature measurement
- You measure better and you have more confidence in your measurement results
- If you are not yet a "thermometrist", our follow-up courses can provide further training if required
- the course lasts 1 day, lunch and coffee / tea are provided
- costs € 725 including e-learning and exam, excluding VAT
- You will receive a diploma with a list of marks after you have passed the exam or a declaration of participation.
- the course is given on the basis of the second edition (2001) of Traceable Temperatures by John Nicholas and Rod White, which is available at Amazon.
- the teacher is mr M.J. de Groot
- ask us for the next opportunity